Michael is a Designer with a trans-radial amputee.
He had a very expensive, state of the art robotic hand that could practically do nothing. Only to look like an exact replica of a hand - wrapped in skin toned silicone with slow "thumb" motor control.
He could not hold a pen to write his name.
So this is the solution I proposed to him.
Easily replaceable shock-absorber.
- Enhance control and precision
- Allow easy replacement of tools
Surface guide and weight distributor.
- Enhance stability and control
- Soft plastic w. divots allow smooth glide on multi-surfaces
- Scratch proof, waterproof & wear-resistance
The drawing hands
How do you provide the feel of natural movement and tension within a prosthetic hand.
Prototypes were made to test the attachments for enhancing the feel of stability.